Lutheran Women's Missionary League LWML
LWML Mission Statement
The mission of the Lutheran Women's Missionary League is to assist each woman of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod in affirming her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
LMWL Offers christian inspiration, spiritual growth, fellowship, fun!
Through the LWML, thousands of volunteers daily dedicate their lives to making a difference in this world. They prepare for this through prayer and interesting, encouraging Bible studies.
The LWML helps women of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod find avenues to use their God-given talents as they joyfully share the Good News of Jesus Christ with people far and near.
Messiah Lutheran has two LWML groups:
Meets on the first Wednesday at 1:30 pm September through May at the Church.
Meets on the third Tuesday at 6:30 pm September through May at the Church.
Each circle has a Bible Study from the Lutheran Women's Quarterly at their monthly meetings.
If you are interested in joining one of these groups or helping with a Mission project, call the Church office to get the current President's name and number. We invite you to join a circle any time of the year.
Current Projects available for members to participate in:
- Quilts are tied on Wednesdays for Lutheran World Relief
- Sewing Kits for Lutheran World Relief
- School Kits for Lutheran World Relief
- Layette articles for Lutheran World Relief
- Collect soaps and other personal items for World Relief
- Sponsor a soup dinner for World Hunger
- Spring and Fall Rallies and workshops are available each year
- Serve funeral dinners
- Assist with wedding receptions and anniversaries
- Lap robes for shut-ins and nursing homes
- Cookies donated to Hetlinger each month
- Missions for local and world-wide missions
- Cradle roll kits