Mission of Messiah
"To Live and Teach Jesus' Love"
What We Believe
It is the God-given privilege and command that, as disciples of Christ, we go out into our world to live and teach the message of God’s love in Jesus, our Savior. By the grace of God, Messiah Lutheran Church has been carrying out this Great Commission for over 90 years. The following are some of the very core beliefs that we share as Lutheran Christians. We believe:
• That God is one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; also known as the Triune God (Matthew 28:19).
• That Jesus is true God and true man (John 1:14).
• That all human beings are sinners in need of a Savior (Romans 3:23)
• That God so loved the world that He sent Jesus, His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have the free gift of eternal life (John 3:16).
• That the Holy Spirit brings these gifts to sinful people through the ‘means of grace’; God’s Holy Word and His sacraments (Romans 10:17, 1 John 1:7, Titus 3:5-7).
• That the Bible is the Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit as He moved men to write it. The Bible is without error, true in all parts and completely trustworthy for all of life (2 Peter 1:21).
• That there are two sacraments; Holy Baptism and The Lord’s Supper. In Baptism God calls us to faith and washes away our sins, uniting us as the Body of Christ (Acts 2:28-39). In the Lord’s Supper we receive the true body and blood of Jesus Christ in, with, and under the bread and wine for the forgiveness of sins and the strengthening of our faith (Matthew 26:26-28).